REAL TIME RADIOLOGY
A well-orchestrated imaging department is a cornerstone of an efficient healthcare system.
Real Time Radiology Requires
Real Time Information.
Intuitive, actionable intelligence consistent across users but tailored to the needs of each. GE Healthcare Command Centers does this through apps (or “Tiles”)
Pre-planned rules-based processes and decision rights to routinize when, how and by whom real time information is put into action.
Tiles for Real Time Radiology
Real Time Radiology refers to the use of real time data to optimize the delivery of imaging services for every patient. It means spotting and predicting bottlenecks, risks and mistakes so that equipment stays highly utilized, delays are minimized, patients are delighted and costs are managed
Imaging Expediter Tile
What it does:
- Coordinate multi-modality studies
- Prioritize outstanding imaging requests by modality
- Patient-level alerts for readiness, risk of delay/cancellation
- Prioritize all open reads/reports
- 4-day forecast to ensure OPs are not overscheduled in IP setting
- Reduced turnaround time from Order to Complete
- Increased equipment utilization
- Reduced inpatient LOS by reducing imaging delays
- Reduced rework caused by cancellations
Learn more about the Imaging Expediter Tile in a 7-minute Microlearning session.
Learn how the GE Imaging Expediter Tile has helped improve Humber River Hospital's inpatient imaging flow.
Imaging Growth Tile
What it does:
- 15-day forecast of schedule utilization and available slots
- Alerts for patients who are at risk of cancelling or postponing
- Flag opportunities to further optimize the schedule
- Real-time list of pending IP and ED exams maximizes utilization
- Reduced imaging backlog. Higher scan volume.
- Improved schedule and equipment utilization
- Reduced cancellations and delays
Want to learn more?
Get in Touch with a Command Center Expert